Director of Finance
Jobs at:Reputable Company
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Under the General supervision of the Deputy Director General (Finance & Admin.), the successful candidate will plan, develop, and implement strategies to ensure the effective administration of the Finance Department in the Authority.
• The candidate will be responsible for the efforts, results, and success of the Authority’s finance department and also provide financial advice and support to help Executive Management make key financial decisions about the Authority.
• The key to success in this role will be the candidate’s professionalism, knowledge, and ability to effectively manage a large team of professionals.
• Lead the finance function
• Support senior management on all business reviews
• Ensure compliance with financial processes, systems, and policies
• Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department.
• Assist in Authority-wide budgetary planning.
• Ensure that all of the company’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
• Generate reports and analyze the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future
• Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed.
• Manage banking relationships, monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
• Supervise the facilitation of the day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
• Prepare financial reports on monthly, mid-year and annual basis and in a timely manner.
• Seek out methods and practices to minimize financial risk.
• Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors.
• Update and implement financial policies and procedures
• Maintain a policy manual for the finance department.
• Work with Human Resources to secure candidates who will be assets to the finance department.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the following options (Accounting, Finance, Statistics or Economics) from a reputable tertiary institution accredited by the National Accreditation Board.
• A Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) from a reputable tertiary institution accredited by the National Accreditation Board.
• A full membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG).
• At least ten (10) years post qualification experience of which five (5) years must be in a senior management role.
• Experience in Aviation or Air Transport will be an added advantage
• Membership of any other relevant Professional body would be considered an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Aptitude:
• Excellent managerial skills and ability to evaluate the work of others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Working knowledge of organization’s applicable financial practices and procedures, as well as a thorough understanding of the governmental rules, regulations and procedures.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.