Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Jobs at:Last Mile Health
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputations and resources. Do you have demonstrated experience leading financial planning and budgeting processes across multiple offices or programs? If so, you might be a great fit for our first Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A).
Reporting to the Managing Director, Finance (MDF), the Director, FP&A will provide both hands-on budget management and training of non-profit financial operations across Last Mile Health (LMH).This position supervises a Financial Analyst and works with the MDF to provide support to the both LMH’s program countries and global team related to financial performance and budgets. This position is responsible for direct oversight of the FP&A team, which includes the monthly close activities, monthly and annual financial reporting to senior leadership and internal stakeholders, annual budget and forecast, team development and management, and ad-hoc reporting. In addition, the Director, FP&A, will be responsible for developing and improving processes, and building systems for budget management across the organization.
This position is located in Accra, Ghana and Ghanaian nationals will be prioritized for this role. This is a remote position until an office is identified and established.
What You'll Do
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports appropriate for users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Manage monthly and other periodic financial reporting, including, general ledger reconciliation, budgets and forecasts
• Analyze and review departmental and grants budgets to actual variances
• Recommend, develop, and maintain budget databases and computer systems
• Develop organization’s fiscal year budget
• Provide coaching and direct management to the Financial Analyst
• In collaboration with senior leadership in LMH’s program countries, provide strategic guidance and thought partnership for all Finance teams
• Work alongside LMH’s Learning & Development and Finance teams to ensure financial trainings and refreshers are planned throughout the year and customized for staff that engage with budget management and financial planning in different ways
• Manage and control the organization’s financial unit costing methodology
What You'll Bring
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• Several years of financial planning & analysis experience with prior work in accounting required
• Knowledge of GAAP and regulations affecting charities project management, budgets, financial reporting
• Advanced MS Office skills (expert level in Excel)
• Strong financial and business modeling skills
• Excellent analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, and business acumen
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Staff mentoring and career development
• Ability to work well in team-focused environment and communicate with executive leadership
• Excellent project and time management abilities
• Ability to pivot and successfully adapt in a constantly changing environment
You’ll Impress Us If
• You have previously done this work in a non-profit setting with experience providing technical support to multiple programs or country offices
• You have working knowledge of NetSuite
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Overview Of Last Mile Health’s Compensation Model
Compensation for this position:
• The band for this position: SLB-5
• The salary range is: $95,000 to $115,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.