Dean, Faculty of Law
Jobs at:Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi
Deadline of this Job:
19 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Position •
The Dean is the Head of the Faculty. He/She shall be responsible to the Provost for providing leadership to the Faculty; and, for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good governance of the Faculty in accordance with policies and procedures instituted by the University.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a distinguished scholar with evidence of considerable experience in an Academic Institution or analogous organisation.
• Must possess a TERMINAL DEGREE.
• Must have capacity to motivate and direct Staff; and must be above reproach.
• Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills.
• Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills and the capacity to manage and control crisis situations.
• Must be visionary and able to establish rapport between industry and allied institutions and the University for common purpose.
• Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement.
• Must be able to attract grants and funds for Research and Development activities for the Faculty.
• Must be able to serve a minimum of a Full Term of THREE (3) YEARS before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60).
• Must be a qualified/distinguished Legal Practitioner registered with the General Legal Council and a Member of the Professional Body.
Terms of appointment
• The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for THREE (3) YEARS in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for three (3) Years, altogether making a maximum of six (6) years. The candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the six-year term before attaining the statutory retiring age of 60.
• Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with the following:
• Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees; and,
• A Two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the Faculty.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER to reach the following address, not later than FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2021:
The Deputy Registrar Human Resource Development Division Registrar’s Offices Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology PMB, UPO, Kumasi
Closing Date: 19 November, 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.