Credit Product Manager
Deadline of this Job:
30 April 2021
Date Posted: Monday, April 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Status: Full-time
Experience: 6 years
Job Expires: Apr 30, 2021 .
1. Commercial enablement 20%
• Ensures that the products assigned are aligned with company objectives and strategy and provide a competitive edge.
• Leads sales efforts to achieve disbursement targets.
• Engages and manages key stakeholders such as traders’ associations’ leaders, market queens and employers to win their support for the company’s commercial efforts.
2. Disbursement and portfolio growth 40%
• Reviews and approves the sales plans of assigned credit officers and relationship managers on ongoing basis.
• Proactively manages pipeline conversion with the goal of achieving agreed disbursement targets.
• Reviews loan applications for completeness and accuracy and liaises with Risk for timely approval of loans.
• Ensures that disbursement and portfolio growth targets are consistently achieved.
3. Asset quality 30%
• Ensures that loan underwriting meets the standards set.
• Ensures full compliance with loan monitoring portfolio management procedures.
• Responsible for attainment of portfolio quality targets for the assigned book.
Education and Experience
• At least 6 years’ experience in SME lending institution, bank or development institution, 3 of which should be in supervisory or managerial capacity.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, commerce, business administration or related field
• Practical experience in managing and supervising microfinance credit operations gained from a similar or a related banking or financial institution.
• Practical experience in setting up and implementation of credit and risk management policies, practices, procedures and guidelines.
• Knowledge and experience in lending (Group/individual), credit and risk management, client screening, collateral, product design, loan approval processes, repayment terms and incentives, delinquency and default management.
• Knowledge of the micro finance and banking industry including micro and macro environmental factors and trends, micro finance products and poverty eradication strategies.
• Understands the trends and scope of credit methodology in the microfinance and banking industry, and its impact on the company’s activities.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
• Ability to consolidate and prepare credit and risk statutory reports;
• Ability to set, monitor, and assess achievements against performance targets and quality standards (portfolio quality, profitability, product performance, risk management);
• Excellent organization, performance management, administration, and time management skills;
• Ability to handle difficult people and tense situations with diplomacy and tact;
• Ability to organise and motivate others, who in many cases may be in a more senior position;
• Strong team building skill and experience with the ability to enthuse, inspire, develop and motivate employees;
• Ability to supervise, train and foster the development of a Team, providing feedback, support and encouragement;
• Strong analytical, influencing, and negotiation skills;
• Assertive and has initiative and personal drive; and
• Intermediate skills in personal computer operation
• Proficiency in Microfinance MIS skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply through jobs in Ghana portal latest by 30th April 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.