Deadline of this Job:
30 December 2021
Date Posted: Friday, October 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Accra, Ghana
Company Name: Schlumberger
Schlumberger has an urgent opening for a Cost Accountant role in the Finance and Accounting team. The successful applicant should possess excellent analytical skills along with the ability to combine different data and calculate profit margins. Our ideal candidate should also be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for our company. This position is accountable for the preparation and analysis of financial data including product cost information, variance analysis, designing and implementing cost accounting systems, inventory reporting and special reporting as required by management. The incumbent is also tasks with collecting cost information and maintaining an expenses database as well as determining fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance).
At Schlumberger, We’re looking for innovators who share our passion for discovery to help us shape the future of energy. Our greatest strength is the diversity of our people, and we recognize that differences in thought, creativity, and experiences make us better every day. Our culture is key to our success. We rely on our community of colleagues to challenge and support each other to achieve our ambitious goals. We are looking for people who are driven, committed and act with integrity to become part of one of the most multi-cultural groups of experts in any industry, anywhere. We are global in outlook and local in practice; united by a shared passion for discovery and commitment to constantly pushing boundaries. We hire talented, driven people and put them in the position to succeed as quickly as possible. Our meritocratic culture means you’ll be recognized for your achievements, and enjoy a rewarding career that offers continuous opportunities for personal growth. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, kindly forward your new cover letter and CV for Schlumberger have the career for you.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Assist in production costing as required.
• Developing cost standards for materials and labor.
• Inventory reporting and analysis.
• Analyzing production costs and recommending changes.
• Variance reporting and analysis.
• Process journal vouchers and assist is monthly closing.
• Key Developer of the annual operating budget.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities to meet time schedules, goal objectives, special projects or informational needs of the plant.
• Interacts with all levels of employees and management.
• Oversee the annual cost roll.
• Hiring, training and supervising cost and inventory accounting staff.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Minimum HND or Degree required in accounting, business, economics and knowledge of integrated systems.
• Proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role
• 3-5 years’ relevant professional experience.
• Requires knowledge of the SAP system.
• Proficient personal computer skills including data base maintenance.
• Must be organized, able to work independently and make decisions with or without direction.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Good presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate with various departments
• Flexible, goal oriented and able to accept/manage change.
• Possess the ability to function with a high sense of urgency, interface and influence personnel at all levels of the organization.
• Creative problem solving skills, strategic thinking, analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter via the apply form/button or our career email below: email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants are contacted for the competency-based skills assessment and Schlumberger virtual recruitment interview.
Deadline:30th December, 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.