Communications and External Relations Manager
Jobs at:Newmont Mining Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, July 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
Looking for a role where you can make a difference? By leading the strategic development and execution of the Mine’s communications, government and external relations strategies to enhance its brand reputation, enhance employee and external stakeholder engagement and secure the social acceptance to operate and obtain access to approvals and lands required for operations.
Main responsibility areas will include;
1. Communications and External Relations Strategy
2. Brand and Reputation Management
3. Safety Health and Environment
4. Employee Communications
5. Stakeholder Management
6. Staff Supervision
In This Role You Will:
• Strengthen and improve the image and reputation of the site and Newmont Ghana’s overall operations through strategic planning and initiatives that further employee and partner engagement.
• Balance corporate information and activities efficiently.
• Lead and be responsible for developing the department’s strategy in alignment with the regional and global communication strategy.
• Collaborate in and implement Newmont’s ‘Living our Values’ strategy to rally all around the brand and values and embed them soundly.
• Ensure alignment and carrying out of Newmont’s brand guidelines and communications.
• Respond to and handle media, NGOs/CSOs and other public groups, serving as the primary media contact and spokesperson for the Mine.
• Proactively, in conjunction with relative internal subject matter experts, identify and develop strategies and messages to mitigate emerging and advancing issues and crisis situations.
• Provide professional communication consulting services to site departments, projects and change initiatives.
• Ensure our company is always up-to-date on changes in laws and regulations that are being prepared by the government that may affect the company’s operations and develop appropriate measures to make sure that the company is not harmed by the regulation.
• Build and demonstrate personal commitment and passion regarding safety and environmental practices.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
• Masters’ Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, International Relations, English or an equivalent degree.
• Ten(10) – Fifteen(15) years’ experience in extractive industry or multinational firm at a managerial level with work experience in Public Relations, Communications, Media Relations or Journalism.
• Spokesperson and public speaking skills.
• Social media and digital communications use with management skills.
• Customer Focused.
• Pro-active and Results driven.
• Attentive to detail.
• The position may be required to work overtime regularly.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.