Chief of Party - Ghana
Deadline of this Job:
01 March 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Chief of Party will be the primary liaison with the funder (USAID), the MOE and GES and other key stakeholders and implementing partners. Primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership, management oversight, and technical direction for the program, ensuring an integrated vision across components and actors, with a focus on achieving results. In addition to leading the team, the Chief of Party will be expected to operationalize the key elements of the Activity, to ensure delivery against the expected results. This will include identifying gaps and opportunities to strengthen accountability, governance, and transparency within the MOE at various levels, support the education accountability learning framework and ensure the Activity builds government and community capacity to strengthen education outcomes. The Chief of Party will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure activities meet stated goals and reporting requirements. The Chief of Party will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
• Provide daily leadership and overall direction of the Activity
• Manage the annual work plan and budgeting process
• Oversee project operations, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, financial accounting, and overall client satisfaction
• Oversee technical quality, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, of Performance Monitoring Plan and implementation of the project work plan
• Create and maintain an effective project management team; supervise the recruitment, hiring, and supervision of all local staff and consultants.
• Supervise project technical and operations teams
• Coordinate activities of implementing partners to achieve cohesive and sustainable results
• Technical direction
• Support the operationalization of the education accountability framework through systems strengthening and capacity building at all levels of the education system
• Assure support and training to government actors to improve the quality of and use of education data for decision-making, and decentralized resource management at central and decentralized levels
• Supports the development, planning and training of personnel at decentralized levels of the education system to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of the workforce
• Provides technical advice and support for strategies and actions to improve transparency, engagement, information sharing, constructive debate and positive working relationships between government and civil society education stakeholders to achieve targeted outcomes in education
• Relationship management
• Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, and communicate regularly with USAID to provide updates and progress reports
• Build trust and maintain positive relations with MOE and GES officials to ensure local ownership, buy-in and sustainability of the Activity
• Facilitate and foster close collaboration between headquarters-based technical staff, regional management staff, and the project team
• Bachelor's degree required however a Master’s degree strongly preferred in education, public administration, international development, or related field from an accredited university; Ph.D. or Ed.D. is highly preferred.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in similar education intervention activities and experience managing complex international donor-funded development activities in challenging environments.
• Background and demonstrated experience in governance, accountability and strengthening government capacity at multiples levels of the education system.
• Seven years’ experience in capacity development at human, institutional and policy levels, including strategic planning and organizational processes required; knowledge of current education system strengthening best practices and trends relevant to USAID strategy preferred
• Demonstrated success in system strengthening efforts that have led to significant, sustained changes at scale
• Strong working relationships at senior levels of the MOE and GES. Prior experience working within MOE or GES a plus.
• Strong knowledge of, and commitment to, gender and social equity issues in education.
• Relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program.
• Demonstrated leadership, effective organizational development, partnership-building, managerial, teambuilding and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines across a broad geographic area.
• Proven ability to coordinate with government stakeholders, as well as non-governmental organizations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting.
• Experience in the education sector in Ghana or the region strongly preferred. Fluency in English required
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.