Chief Internal Auditor
Jobs at:PwC Ghana
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Organisation is a financial services institution with the objective of increasing access to finance for Ghanaian enterprises, particularly small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Our client also provides wholesale financing/lines of credit and partial credit guarantees to eligible financial institutions.
On behalf of our client, we now invite applications from experienced professionals for the following vacancy: Chief Internal Auditor
The Chief Internal Auditor would:
• Work with the Board and Management to develop the organisation’s internal audit strategy aligned to the overall corporate strategy and regulatory requirements;
• Lead strategy implementation and provide objective assurance over internal control and risk management policies established by the Management; and
• Serve as a trusted advisor to the Board and Management on all internal audit and related issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of 15 years’ post-graduation experience in Internal Audit within Financial Services or related sector with at least 8 years in managerial role
• Minimum of a first degree in Fraud/Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline.
• A Master’s degree is an advantage
• Relevant professional certification and membership of a recognized professional associations in Ghana or abroad is required
• Experience in providing strategic leadership in internal audit for a financial services or similar organization in a developing economy
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of legal and regulatory environment for the financial sector (e.g.. BoG requirements)
• Evidence of excellent leadership, goal achievement, stakeholder engagement, professionalism, networking, and collaborative skills.
Additional expertise in one or more of the following areas will be an advantage:
• Information Technology
• Strategy and Organisational Design
• Leadership and Human Resource Management o Environmental. Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 156
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.