Chief Finance Officer
Jobs at:Premium Advisors
Deadline of this Job:
17 July 2021
Date Posted: No Requirements , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company Premium Advis...
Job Status Permanent
Education University de...
Experience 10 years
Job Expires Jul 17, 2021
Our client is at the completion stage of the development of a major Container and Multipurpose Terminal at a Port in Ghana, which is expected to reach Commercial Operations by the end of the year. This terminal will become a principal location for the handling and temporary storage of Containers and General Cargo in Ghana. As part of the process, our client seeks to recruit very experienced, innovative and self-motivated senior resources to occupy the following position: Chief Finance Officer
To direct the organization’s fiscal function and provide leadership and guidance to senior executives in financial matters affecting the company’s strategy and direction. He/she will provide and communicate key financial information to the Board of Directors, and will be directly responsible for the P&L of the company’s activities ensuring efficient and prudent costs, revenue growth, and effective control systems. Will oversee the safe management of the financial resources of the Company. Ensuring business integrity, financial health and control and driving profitable growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide stewardship of the company’s assets and ensure that the company conducts itself in accordance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
• Assist the company in developing its strategy, obtaining the required resources, and delivering its strategic objectives sustainably.
• Ensure a good balance in the management of short-term concerns and pressures, such as managing cash, liquidity, and profitability, and long-term vision and sustainable organizational success.
• Fulfil good stewardship responsibilities by ensuring effective compliance and control, and responding to new regulatory developments, including financial reporting capital requirements and corporate responsibility.
• Ensure that the Finance function supports the business at both the strategic and operational levels.
• Drive and manage financial change and innovation within the organization.
• Engage and communicate effectively with colleagues, investors, customers, suppliers, regulators, and other internal and external stakeholders.
• Generate an environment for, and influence management team to uphold an overall focus on creating and maintaining sustainable value for shareholders and other stakeholders.
• Develop and sustain relationships with various stakeholder; including the external auditor, investors and analysts, banks, regulators, government, industry, and trade groups.
• Support the CEO with the responsibility of driving the corporate strategy.
• Work as a strategist to ensure the sustainability of financial health of the Company
• Facilitate an effective governance, including risk management and internal control, that supports the company in achieving its objectives.
• Spearhead the financial planning and analysis, organizational reporting and transparency, and tax and treasury activities of the Company.
• Facilitate the sustainable creation of value by helping to ensure that the company incorporates or integrates economic, environmental, and social factors at all levels of decision making and reporting.
• Develop an effective talent recruitment and management strategy to attract, develop, and retain finance talent and the skillsets required to support the stewardship and business partnership responsibilities.
• Spearhead all M&A and capital market financing strategies of the company and also support other long-term investment activities.
• Stimulate and drive the business profitability sustenance initiatives as well as revenue maximization and cost minimization initiatives of the company.
• Create an environment for employees and other stakeholders, such as suppliers and customers, to be able to understand and share the vision and aspirations of the company.
Required Skills or Experience
• Advanced managerial, interpersonal and leadership skills with the capacity to motivate and inspire colleagues, team members and external stakeholders.
• Proven senior stakeholder management experience.
• Tertiary qualification in accounting or finance. MBA or similar postgraduate qualification highly desirable along with port industry experience.
• Membership of a recognized chartered accountant or certified public accountant body. A professional Finance Qualification such as Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in management and financial accounting at senior managerial level. Demonstrated ability to be P&L accountable.
• Demonstrated capacity and experience in working at strategic decision-making level with superior analytical capability and communication style.
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills with a commitment to the delivery of quality business outcomes and teamwork.
• A good experience in ports and/or infrastructure related projects
• Must demonstrate:
• Ethical leadership and business integrity
• Objectivity in operations and conduct
• Professional competence and due care
• Confidentiality, Professional behaviour and professionalism
• Strength of character, personality, and intellect
• Must be an effective and influential communicator and negotiator
• Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including communication, strategic thinking, change management, emotional intelligence, analytical problem solving, and decision-making skills
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Closing Date for submission is 17th July, 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
To apply visit: https://www.jobsinghana.com/jobs/indexnew.php?&device=d&view=44040
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.