Assistant Manager - Tax Advisory
Deadline of this Job:
28 May 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Assistant Manager - Tax Advisory
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 330,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organisation can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
About Tax and Regulatory Services
Deloitte offers its clients a broad range of fully integrated tax services. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel globally.
Our major service offerings include:
• Business Tax
• Transfer Pricing
• International Tax
• Global Employer Services
• Tax Management Consulting
• Indirect Tax
• Mergers and Acquisition Tax
We are seeking suitably qualified high performing professionals to join our Tax Advisory team in our Tax and Regulatory Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and applying relevant professional, regulatory and technical standards in delivering client engagements. The candidate will also focus on practice development as well as developing high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work for a number of high-profile organizations and further develop their leadership capabilities.
• Provide tax advisory on business tax rules affecting company operations in Ghana.
• Evaluate corporate reorganization issues and apply tax rules to client scenarios when preparing advisory reports.
• Draft reports, identify key tax issues/risks, and propose solutions for clients on tax planning and implementation strategies.
• Advise on personal income tax and social security obligations of inbound and outbound individuals.
• Apply understanding of operational double tax treaties, international tax principles and regulatory requirements to evaluating inbound investment requirements and compliance obligations.
• Conduct research on local tax and regulatory regimes relevant to client operations
• Develop innovative approaches to address client tax issues in accordance with Deloitte’s standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Taxation, Management, Economics, Law or related discipline (minimum of 2nd Class Upper)
• Qualified member of ICAG, CITG, ACCA, CIMA
• Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in areas of Business Tax, Personal Income Tax, Value Added Tax, Customs, Transfer Pricing, Investment and Regulatory Advisory.
• Excellent research and analytical skills.
• Clear understanding, citation and application of the tax advisory guidelines
• Good logical reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills
• Sound writing, oral communication and presentation skills
• Data management and analysis experience
• Proficiency in the use of computer packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project Office, Access, etc. Very good use of PowerPoint and Excel is a strong advantage
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
Application Closes: 28 May, 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.