Jobs at:University Research Co., LLC (URC):
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2021
Date Posted: Monday, October 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location: Accra, Ghana
University Research Co., LLC (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations. URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
The Global, Latin America and the Caribbean, and West Africa Region has projects spanning various health areas including HIV/AIDS, TB, MNCH, and malaria in the cross-cutting areas of health systems strengthening, community mobilization, quality improvement, and social and behavior change communications amongst others.
URC implements the USAID Quality Services for Health (Q4H) Activity in Ghana. The Activity’s purpose is to strengthen the institutional capacity of the Government of Ghana (GoG) to promote and oversee improved quality health services in the public and private health sectors. This four-year activity supports the GoG and stakeholders, including both recipients (or civil society) and providers of services, to sustainably improve the quality of health service delivery to improve health outcomes in Ghana.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Supervised by the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO), the Accountant will support the DFO in the preparation of timely financial reports, implementation of a strong internal control system, and insurance of compliance with USAID and URC regulations.
The Accountant’s roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work closely with the DFO to prepare monthly financial reports for timely submission to home office. This includes but is not limited to QB posting.
• Verify payment documentation for adequacy and completeness including required approvals before posting to QuickBooks (QB).
• Manage the petty cash account in accordance with activity policy, ensuring the maintenance of an appropriate level of petty cash in the safe deposit box.
• Together with the finance team, ensure that all costs in the project adhere to USAID/URC regulations; and are allowable, reasonable, and allocable.
• Assist the DFO in addressing all monthly field report review comments from home office in collaboration/coordination with the regional finance and administration officers, including providing feedback for missing vouchers and outstanding information following review of payment documentation.
• Prepare and recording voucher/accounting transactions in QB.
• Ensure the proper use of charge numbers and accounting codes.
• Initiate transactions in the electronic payment system.
• Make withdrawal and deposit transactions at the bank.
• Process the monthly payment of social security and taxes to the Malian government.
• Support the payment of per diems and transport for participants during meetings or workshops.
• Establish an indexed filing system in the finance section and ensure financial documents are filed as per the filing system.
• Post the advances and liquidating expenses into QB for accuracy.
• Initiate duly supported and allowable payments into online banking platforms, to include vendor payment and mobile money payments.
• Review adequacy of supporting documentation for all documentation forwarded for payment.
• Prepare and maintain a tracking log of all documents received in and released from finance department.
• Perform other project related tasks as assigned.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Degree in accounting or comparable certifications/qualifications.
• At least 3 years’ experience in accounting and general financial management.
• At least 2 years’ experience with QB.
• Ability to maintain accounting records, analyze and prepare reports and statutory return.
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
• Previous work experience on a USAID or other development project is desirable.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficient in oral and written English.
Please note: Qualified candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be given priority consideration for this position; however, all highly qualified candidates are welcome to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.