Jobs at:The Ghana Statistical Service
Deadline of this Job:
18 April 2022
Date Posted: Monday, April 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
The Service invites applications from qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented and results-driven to apply for the under-listed positions within the Service: Accountant
• To ensure that the Government of Ghana and Project funds received are applied in accordance with applicable regulations and accounted for properly.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare work plans, budgets, and forecasts.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
• Maintain a Fixed Assets Register.
• Provide accounting support to all assigned projects.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors and resolve all audit queries.
• Process all transactions on the GIFMIS platform.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
• A member of a recognized professional accounting body CA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA (Part qualified)
• Must have completed a one-year national service
• Must have at least two years’ work experience
Competencies and Skills
• Use of tailor-made and generic accounting software.
• Presentation and reporting skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Application of the Public Financial Management Act 2016 (Act 921), Internal Audit Agency Act 2003 (Act 658), and other relevant financial laws.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified applicants are to submit their application letters and CVs to the address below:
Human Resource Directorate
Ghana Statistical Service
P. O. Box GP 1098
Closing Date: 18 April, 2022
Qualified women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.