Jobs at:GBfoods Africa
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: GBfoods Africa
State: Jobs in Accra
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
At GBfoods we offer culinary solutions in several countries of Europe and Africa with prestigious leading local brands, including Jumbo, Gallina Blanca, Erasco, Gino, Liebig, Star, Bama, D&L, Grand’Italia and Blå Band, among others.
Our Purpose “Celebrating local flavours” is to empower and take care of each of the local communities we belong to and to bring out their authentic flavours. Some of our local brands have been in consumers’ kitchens for over a century and have positioned themselves as authentically loved brands, as well as deeply rooted parts of the local culture.
Today, with a turnover of around 1,2 billion euros and a team of around 3,000 people, we are the preferred choice of millions of consumers.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are looking for an Accountant for our Shared Business Services Department who will be responsible for recording, summarizing and reporting on the financial transactions of the organisation. The role holder will support with preparing journal entries, reconciling financial statements and accounts and ensure data accuracy is consistent with the company’s policies and strategy.
• Process Statutory Withholding Tax
• Process VAT Withholding Returns
• Process Sales/Vat Returns
• Ensure HR Accrual postings
• Review and reconcile monthly VAT, GETFUND, NHIT, etc reports and liaising with treasury for payment.
• Reconciliation of Tax returns
What can you expect from us?
Being part of a multinational company where you will be able to contribute to growth and development of a business while being developed and equipped for success
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, has professional general ledger and journal experience and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
• Min of 2-3 years of General Ledger and Journal Entries experience.
• SAP experience or any accounting software
• Strong skills in working with expenses, accounting and ability to reconcile accounts.
• Must be a strong team player, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
• Attention to detail.
• Aligned to GBfoods Purpose and Values
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.